Since 1999, Harvard Business School Working Knowledge has connected the School’s leading edge research and ideas on business management with millions of readers all over the world. Using straightforward language to describe complex studies, we offer knowledge that business practitioners can incorporate into their everyday roles as managers, leaders and innovators. Our team of experienced journalists publishes multiple feature stories every week. We’re looking to increase the impact of these stories, and to get to know our audience better.
The growth editor will increase the audience of Harvard Business School Working Knowledge across multiple platforms, and will foster engagement among readers both inside and outside of the Harvard community.
Time Commitment: Temporary
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Manage our existing social media accounts, with an eye toward establishing a social presence on other platforms, too.
- Mine the site archive to resurface past content related to current events, in order to give new relevance to evergreen stories.
- Identify, analyze, and report key engagement metrics from Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, and other relevant measurement platforms.
- Routinely reach out to influential people who might be interested in specific stories, encouraging them to share the stories within their circles of influence.
- Nurture ongoing relationships with engaged readers, directly communicating with them via social channels, including the reader comment section.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years as a social media manager, preferably in a journalistic capacity.
- Demonstrated prior experience building, growing, and nurturing a digital audience
- Strong understanding of and experience with multiple analytics platforms, including Adobe and Google Analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience articulating a social media strategy to colleagues who may have little social media experience themselves.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to spearhead new initiatives and justify them.
- Passion for knowledge.
- Emotional intelligence.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com