The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director, University Affairs. The AD will support the work of HBS leadership by assessing the viability of and prioritizing activities at HBS that are consistent with the ‘One Harvard’ message of the University.
This is a new role that will evolve over time based on the priorities and interests of the Dean, the Sr. Associate Dean, the Executive Dean, and the Executive Director. Projects will be related to activities and initiatives that tie the strategy of HBS to that of Harvard with a focus on prioritizing those that will strengthen and enhance existing/core programs and activities.
Time Commitment: Please note: this is an initial 4 year appointment through June 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
- The agenda will evolve, but specific responsibilities will include providing data, research and analysis to inform strategic and operational decisions.
- The AD will develop recommendations and reports for presentation to senior leadership, conduct research, benchmarking and analysis, recommend pilot efforts, define metrics to measure performance within the academic and administrative sides of the organization, and support the execution of approved proposals and activities.
- This role will establish close working relationships and partner with others at HBS and Harvard to support institutional research, uncover best practices, ensure reports are informed by and aligned with other strategic planning efforts.
- The AD will develop and maintain benchmarks, statistics, and relationships, and will help make sure that execution milestones are met and delivered in a way that is consistent with HBS quality standards.
- May be asked to staff special projects and requests related to the School’s strategic priorities.
7+ years of related experience.
- Strong work ethic, intellectually curious, enjoys people and creating close working relationships.
- Comfortable working in an area with an evolving agenda, and familiarity with HBS and or Harvard University strongly preferred.
- A results-oriented team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- A good listener with high energy and drive.
- Strong skills required: a track record of strong analytical ability Excel, PowerPoint, analysis, ability to present data in a variety of forms for different audiences.
- Deep interest in and, preferably, prior experience supporting leadership decision making and the execution of those decisions.
- Comfortable working in a small team. Creative problem solver, self-starter and proven ability to anticipate needs.
- BA/BS desired; Master’s degree preferred but not required.
To apply for this position: http://bit.ly/2eYAyeR
Additional Information: Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.