Nix is developing a single-use consumer diagnostics platform that provides users with meaningful, actionable information about their health and wellness in real-time. Our initial product is a hydration biosensor that informs athletes, soldiers, and laborers when to drink, what to drink, and how much to drink – taking the guessing out of hydration and maximizing safety and performance.
Running and cycling will be our first markets to launch, followed by team sports at all levels of play, and we continue to get enthusiastic interest across the full spectrum of athletes – from youth soccer moms to NFL athletes. We are a young company with a small, scrappy team and a lot potential. We are a team of all-around athletes, both in the office and on the field, court, water, ice, and roads.
Nix is seeking a Business Operations Manager, who will be responsible for the company running seamlessly from day-to-day while working part time. You are a doer. We can depend on you to get things done efficiently, accurately, and independently. You have stellar communication skills and are confident and comfortable teaching yourself new things while learning on the fly. You are exceptionally organized and dependable and love startups.
Time Commitment: Part-time: 15-20 hours / week. Hours will be spent in- office and at-home.
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Finances: Bill Pay, Account Reconciliation, Expense Reports, and Reimbursement
- HR Administration: Hiring Coordination, On-boarding employees, Payroll, and Benefits (Note: we are not looking for an experienced HR person, but someone who can assist with the logistics as we grow our team, add perks and benefits, and shape our corporate culture).
- Operations/Administrative: Booking Travel, Conference Registration, Ordering Checks and Business Cards, Incoming and Outgoing Snail Mail, Managing Google Account, Managing Mailing Lists, Triaging Emails from our email@example.com account, Planning Team Outings
- A minimum of 2 years experience in an operations, executive assistant, office manager role, or similar, with a proven ability to get stuff done
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Ability and interest to quickly learn online tools including Google Apps, Gusto, MailChimp, and Dropbox.
Bonus if you:
- Have startup experience
- Are trained in project management
- Are an athlete or fitness enthusiast
Contact: To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: nixbiosensors.com