The Leadership Initiative Department is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to manage and implement its communications and outreach efforts. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the dissemination of the Initiative’s research and publications to diverse audiences within the university and beyond using a variety of digital tools and media, and for supporting the Initiative’s outreach efforts by serving as a liaison between student leaders and administrative staff and faculty.
Time Commitment: 16 Hours per Week
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Associate Director in all aspects of maintaining the Initiative’s online presence including web content management, writing and copyediting for the web, graphic design and site management.
- Work cooperatively with the Marketing and Communications department and vendors to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Generate and coordinate/execute social media and email campaigns, including drafting and posting to Twitter and Linked In and writing newsletter items.
- Work with staff to ensure accurate and timely updates to website content.
- Review website on a regular basis to monitor for problems, and ensure that site functionality, content and linked information resources are functioning, relevant and accurate.
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Provide technical support for the development of infographics and other digital content.
- Manage other production and communications support as needed.
- Event Planning and Outreach Coordination
- Support outreach to student clubs by coordinating on-campus events including networking receptions, speaker presentations and professional development workshops.
- Market and evaluate club events.
- Provide on-site supervision of events and activities including registration, speaker arrangement, and catering.
- BA/BS or equivalent required, background in English, Journalism, or Communications preferred.
- 2-4 years of related work experience (communications, web content, graphics, and event coordination) with demonstrated ability in writing, editing and producing content, preferably in an academic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (e.g. SharePoint).
- Candidate should be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Extreme attention to details and accuracy.
- Self-starter with ability to problem-solve efficiently and effectively.
- The individual must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and to update supervisor on status of projects. He/she must also take ownership of projects to see them through successfully to completion.
Contact: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org