The Museum of Modern Art is currently seeking a Director of Finance to join its Finance team. Reporting to the CFO and closely working with the current manager of Finance
Time Commitment: To Be Discussed
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the CFO and manager of Finance, manages $200 million operating budget and multi-million-dollar capital budget. Prepares annual budget and co-authors regular reports to the Internal Planning Committee, Trustee Finance Committee, and Board of Trustees.
- Collaborates with the CFO and manager of Finance on financial models, variance analysis, scenario planning, and general strategic and financial questions relating to the Museum’s inprogress $395 million expansion and $50 million renovation project.
- Updates and manages multi-year financial models to assist in strategic planning.
- Collaborates with senior Museum management and all departments on a variety of financial matters. Leads quarterly meetings with a subset of departments, lending financial and strategic expertise and helping to review expenditures and revenue goals.
- Acts as a leader for teaching, training, and helping individual departments understand their financial profile in the context of overall Museum operations. Fosters communication and working relationships across departments in support of the Museum’s mission.
- Generates and supports special projects and strategic decisions. Using a Museum-wide perspective, creates relevant analyses and financial models in support of various special projects.
- Works proactively to improve the operating and financial performance of the Museum, rethinking existing strategies, processes, or structures, when necessary.
- Qualified candidates will possess at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred, with a GPA over 3.5 preferred;
- Minimum of three to four years professional experience, ideally in banking, equity analysis, or other field providing similar experience;
- Deep knowledge and proficiency with analytics, writing, and presentation programs required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Google Docs/Analytics, Tableau, R, Python);
- Ability to carry out error-free analysis is a must;
- Candidates should have experience in corporate and operational finance;
- Strong communication skills;
- Enjoyment of teamwork;
- Experience with business writing and presentation, especially the ability to breakdown complex concepts (particularly financial), both verbally and in writing, is extremely helpful;
- Working knowledge of basic accounting rules helpful;
- Candidates should also have an interest in art and the Museum’s mission.
Please submit resume and cover letter (preferably in one PDF format), including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line. The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.