Harvard Business School Association of Boston is seeking a marketing and operations coordinator with a focus on its new Forum’s Program.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a week Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
Duties include HBSAB general member and administrative operations, customer service, maintaining the alumni database for the geographic club, organize events as planned by the club, process membership inquiries and renewals, and registration coordination for events with a strong focus on support for HBSAB’s Forums Program and New Venture Competition.
Specific Forums Program Responsibilities:
- Customer service of existing forums
- New members: facilitate entire process with new members, existing Forum representatives seeking new members, and facilitators training new Forum members.
- Maintain database of Forum requests for new members and schedule these trainings for 8-12 new members at a time.
- Schedule orientations and logistics of integrating new members.
- Coordinate and manage renewal process including: sending pre-renewal communications and updating records.
- Manage member communications and social media
- Manage all pertinent event logistics as needed, to include location, catering, materials, communications, finances and necessary follow-up.
Manage launch of new forums:
- Send marketing texts to insure timely communications.
- Handle communications to interested alumni (confirmations, commitment requests, Forum invitations, and act as the main point of contact for joining an Alumni Forum.
- Schedule orientations, training, and liaise between Forum group and facilitator to identify date when at least 10 new members can meet to launch their Forum. May have to manage a waitlist to insure each forum launches with 10 people.
- Identify and confirm location.
- Print, ship and confirm availability of all training materials: books, manuals, rosters, nametags and Forum guide.
- Order catering and manage any pertinent logistical details.
- Post-orientation follow up:
- Send follow-up emails with Forum details and update all records including in database, LinkedIn group and newsletter group.
- Manage LinkedIn group.
- Promotional emails for launching new forums.
- Maintain updated documents on Resource Library.
- Finances: Process accounts payable and receivables, insuring accurate record keeping in appropriate places.
- Develop other processes and communications as needed.
Event Operations Backup
- Coordinate with events team and Executive Director
- Access iModules to maintain events
- Create event lists and distribute as required
- Print name tags from attendee list
- Coordinate event with HBS Clubs and Operations
- Maintain emergency contact list should issues arise
- Know and understand requirements for specific events
- Setup prior to event and distribution of name tags.
- Effectively communicate with members on event issues.
Ideal candidate should be a self-starter, with excellent communication, computer skills, and high attention to detail. Excel and Word skills are required. Candidate should know or be willing to learn iModules through provided training.
The candidate will work from his/her home office but available to attend a few evening events throughout the year to register attendees. May also be asked to attend a few meeting held by HBSAB staff.
You must be authorized to work in the US as Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Please contact Christina E. Thirkell, HBSAB Executive Director at 617-515-3241 and email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.