The HBS Alumni Relations Office offers a part-time position for individuals who have an interest in gaining experience in higher education in the areas of engagement and event management. This position will report to the Assistant Director, Events.
Schedule of between 17.5 hours per week. End date of June 30, 2018, with a likelihood of extension.
Compensation: Hourly rate is $24.00.
Overview of Responsibilities:
Projects supported by position include:
- Reunion Support and Registration
Reunions are the capstone event for HBS alumni and the External Relations office, with more than 5,800 attendees annually during two reunion weekends.
– Set-up online registration and tracking system
– Assist with email correspondence – drafts and supports outreach to alumni population.
– Provide frontline customer service for alumni constituency in the months and weeks leading to and during reunion weekend over the phone, by email, and at times in person.
– Compose, proofread, edit and prepare reports, materials, and correspondences with alumni.
– Manage post-event data, reporting, and attendee demographic analysis.
– Manage wrap up process and post-event thank you notes for alumni volunteers.
- Reunion Book
The reunion book is a collection of alumni narratives and stories. It is given as a gift to all alumni in reunion years. A high rate of alumni material submissions is extremely important for the book to be successful.
– Manage customer support in submission process.
– Support effort in data management and analysis.
- Content management
– Assist with editing, proofing and updating websites and marketing materials for to maintain brand standards and consistency.
– Responsible for content management and reunion websites updates.
- Reports and Alumni Database
– Code volunteers in Advance. Pull Hyperion reports and mailing lists.
– Gather/maintain data and assist in preparing electronic reports using variety of computer software (Cvent, Excel, Silverpop).
- Budget Reconciliation
– Assist with monthly and quarterly reconciliation of Reunion Team credit card and reunion class budgets.
– Process and track invoices, registrations and expenses.
Helps Alumni Relations staff with data organization and management.
– Support efforts in data streamlining, management and analysis.
– Manage and report on alumni-related metrics and data.
– Prepare materials and maintain storage database.
– Deliver excellent customer service and work cross-departmentally to support collaborative alumni efforts across ER.
– Other duties as required.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of direct office experience.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with experience providing administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently and also be a strong team player.
- Excellent customer service skills required for frequent interaction with donors, alumni, and colleagues.
- Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the ability to master new software applications and technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, and facility to learn new computer applications.
- Must be focused, motivated to learn, able to work quickly, and flexible to change.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to
Christina Petrigliano | Director of Reunions