Partners are eligible for (2) 40-minute, one-on-one appointments with one of CPD’s Career Coaches. The goal of coaching is to focus on topics that will be most beneficial to you, so think about what you would like to discuss with a coach before your appointment. Sessions may cover a range of topics including:
- Self-assessment (including access to the Career Leader tool)
- Job search strategies
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Interviewing skills/Mock Interviews
- Offer negotiation
How do I make a coaching appointment?
- Please fill out the Partners’ Career Coaching Appointment Request Form located on the Partner page on myHBS.
- Once CPD has received your form, you will be connected with a career coach that matches your needs and interests. The coach and partner will pick an appointment time that works for both parties. If you are unable to attend the scheduled appointment, please contact your assigned coach at least 24 hours in advance to reschedule.
Baker Library is a fantastic resource for students and partners alike. Work with one of our librarians to gain access to valuable information that can help you shape your target list.
1:1 Consultations with a KLS librarian
- Partners can make an appointment with a Knowledge & Library Services (KLS) librarian by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include key topics you would like to discuss and your availability. KLS librarians can assist with:
- Researching companies
- Researching for interview prep
- On-site access to a variety of databases – see the complete list.
- Primary resources for job search include: OneSource (for creating target lists of companies), Factiva (for researching companies in depth), and American City Business Journals (for identifying the major industries and companies in Boston as well as other metropolitan areas).
- Check in at the Stamps Reading Room Service Desk, located on the third floor of Baker Library to be set-up at a visitor terminal.
Access to other Harvard libraries
- Partners can apply for library privileges at other Harvard libraries useful for your job search. See information about Domestic Partner/Spouse Access for access to some (but not all) Harvard libraries and contact specific libraries of interest to verify policies before arriving at the library.
- Examples of libraries partners have access to include the Harvard Law School (Langdell Library) and Harvard Medical School (Countway Library).
Electronic LinkedIn Makeovers
If you would like to have your LinkedIn profile reviewed by a member of the Career & Professional Development team, e-mail email@example.com with the type of job you are seeking and your LinkedIn URL. Feedback on your profile will be emailed to you within 2 weeks.
Interested in working at Harvard? Check out the following websites: