Reporting to the Associate Director, External Relations Technology, the Technology Assistant provides end-user customer service support directly to HBS Alumni as well as data entry services for External Relations Technology and HBS as a whole. Additionally, the technology assistant will be asked to provide support to External Relations Business Administration leadership.
Time Commitment: a maximum of 17 hours per week. This position has an end date of June 30, 2018, with the possibility of extension.
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical, front-line, support for alumni by managing the points-of-contact and facilitating the resolutions and responses
- Perform data clean-up and acquisition tasks and projects
- Provide administrative support to IT Leadership
- Improve platforms by identifying problems and proposing changes as well as contribute to support documentation and internal staff knowledge base
- Performs other related duties as necessary, works independently with minimal supervision; updates supervisor on status of projects regularly
- Understand External Relations alumni applications and technical support process
- BA/BS required, 2+ years of office or related experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and maturity, an ability to work autonomously and prioritize a high volume of work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Uses discretion in handling confidential material.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Requires computer skills, including some experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and knowledge of basic HTML.
- Experience providing technology client services or working in a customer service oriented environment
- Must have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Willing and able to learn complex systems and project processes
- Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: adaptable, flexible, patient, respectful and approachable.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, as this position requires significant computer-related work.
- Knowledge of Advance (Ellucian) or other customer relationship management system is desired.
Cover Letter is required. Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to Nick Jannini firstname.lastname@example.org.