Reporting to the Associate Director, Alumni Technology, External Relations (ER), the Technology Assistant provides support and training to end users pertaining to alumni engagement activates in the alumni information systems portfolio. The applications and services related to alumni engagement activate include but are not limited to advancement services CRM, event management, surveys, clubs, reunions, webinars, and multiple data repositories.
Time Commitment: a maximum of 17 hours per week. This position has an end date of June 30, 2018, with the possibility of extension.
Compensation: To Be Discussed
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Understand ER platforms and systems
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting issues related to the alumni engagement applications and systems
- Contribute to support documentation, videos, and internal staff knowledge base
- Perform system maintenance tasks to keep platforms updated
- Improve platforms by identifying problems and proposing changes
- Assist alumni and club admins through the administration of the alumni engagement platform related to events, memberships, communications, and donations. Duties may include user provisioning, training, and operations support.
- Update and maintain user access lists on test and production sites
- Perform some content updates on websites and events
- Performs other related duties as necessary, works independently with minimal supervision; updates supervisor on status of projects regularly
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of office or related experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and maturity, an ability to work autonomously and prioritize a high volume of work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Uses discretion in handling confidential material.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and organizational skills
- Requires computer skills, including some experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and knowledge of basic HTML.
- Experience providing technology client services or working in a customer service oriented environment
- Willing and able to learn complex systems and project processes
- Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: Adaptable, flexible, patient, respectful and approachable.
- Knowledge of Advance (Ellucian) or other customer relationship management system is desired.
- Experience working with iModules and Confluence or equivalent is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with CSS and content management systems are a plus
- Some experience with access level provisioning in IT systems is a plus
Cover Letter is required. Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to Marco Viera email@example.com.